Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lemonade please?

Dear, Inspirations

Just the other day I posted "when life gives you lemons you can make lemonade but I rather throw them back". Well today was a lemonade day but at some point I stopped making lemonade. Lets start from the top.

On Sunday we found out that my cousins visa to get into Dubai was not approved. Our flight to Dubai was scheduled for Monday so what do we do. It's Sallah a Muslim holiday so the embassy is closed and the visa girl didn't come through. So we had a dilemma obviously, we were praying that she could get a transit visa that's valid for 3-4 days. The only way to find that out would be to go to the airport and try our luck. Monday morning  we woke up packed our stuff and headed on this treacherous journey. It was bitter sweet leaving London because I had a really nice time there. 

My last moments I remember taking pictures, eating a muffin and riding in the cab to the airport. 
We stood in line to collect VAT tax back from the things we bought. We were in the line for a hour, people had so many receipts collecting 100's of dollars. Once that was finish we rushed over to change the ticket and attempt to get the transit visit. 

Yay it was possible to change the ticket four days in Dubai. 
"You only have three minutes to put your luggage checked in" 
Keeping calm we got the luggage weighed. Tickets printed out and on our way. 
Security check in was smooth and we even had a chance to pick up Krispy Kreme donuts. 
Boarding time, middle seat or me next to a younger lady.
There was two sets of boy twins right across from us. In my mind I was thinking "they are going to get on my nerves" so I put my headphones in and prepared myself for the 6hour flight.

I watched "Now You See Me" pretty good movie might I had never would have guessed the movie ending. 
Plane food was decent again, took a small intermission after the movie and I was tired of one of the twins waving at me. 
When I woke up one hour forty five minutes left. Easy right? 
As we all prepared for landing outside the window was the most beautiful light view from the window I had ever seen in my life. (Inserts picture) 

Let's briefly speak about Dubai's international airport. It's like nothing I haver ever seen, it's huge, water fall, clear elevator,and high ceilings. This was my second time there so again it felt like airport heaven. Everything looks so clean and shiny. The Arabians run the place and they wear the attire as uniform. Mostly men I saw working, a few women worked for Emirate which is the airline here. 

Fast forward.

Wummy: Where's my wallet? 
Me:in your purse
No it's not there 
Let me look, look in your carry on, 

It wasn't there either. (Praying to God that it was in her other suitcase and not left in London) 
After about three hours we were clear to go through to get our luggage only it wasn't on the carousel.
No biggie right? We took longer than usual they have it in the back.

"Well your luggage isn't lost we just can't locate it right now and it might be still in London"

Those were the last words we wanted to hear but that was reality really happening. 
This can't be happening and This type of bad luck can't happen to just one person.
It was happening. 
The entire time I had been feeling sick with a headache and stomach pain. 
Wifi was going on and off my messages were barely sending. 
A few tears feel from my eyes as everything came rushing on my mind at once. 

We took a cab to our hotel and the scenery outside the airport started to make me feel better. 

Our luggage was retrieved from London and my cousins wallet was found in the hotel one of her friends is going to western union her the money. 

Hours later I feel 10 times better and we had KFC for lunch they deliver! 

It was all just a test? What did we do to get all of that? Questions that formulate but let's be clear everyone has bad days. Today was just one of them. I kept complaining but I also kept thanking God for the things that were actually going good in my life. 

Today I had home sick withdrawals hence my Instagram post. I'll be home soon though so I'm okay with that. I'm also missing my first alumna homecoming. 

I'm in Dubai and even though things started off a little shaky the next three days will be life. 

It's 1:43am Wednesday, 9 hours ahead of Houston. 

Good morning and goodnight.

Life gave lemons, I didn't make lemonade or throw them back I took the lemons. 

Tomorrow I'll make Lemonade. 

Love Jasmine P. 

Dubai international airport 




The view

First pictures after the airport 
ADE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.