Thursday, October 24, 2013

Grandpa

Dear, Inspirations 

I write to you in this moment that I feel extremely down. As I sit right here watching my grandpa in so much pain. 

When I walked in I could see that something was wrong and I immediately felt some type of way. 

So I tried to hide the tears but now it's more evident then ever that grandpa is sick. The tears start to fall down my face...
The doctor is here and I don't know if I can take it because I'm not strong enough. 
I know these type if things come with old age and grandpa is 87. 

I listen to the stories from my cousin he use to be up and really at it. 
Him and my dad have similar features. I can't help but love a man that raised my dad to be who he is to me. 

Apart of me is sad because I didn't get to really spend a lot of time with active and at it grandpa.  

To be perfectly honest I've seen grandpa a total of three times. 
He came to see me in Houston when I was about seven. 
Two years ago I spent time with him here in Nigeria.  Last time grandpa knew who I was by my perfume so before I left I gave it to him to keep. 

And finally this time in Nigeria. 
When I arrived the first thing he said was "Welcome Welcome" 
The idea of being so far away and still being able to feel all of his love is something I can't put in words. 
My first week in Nigeria we talked about me going back to America and sending him medicine to stay young. 

It's evident that grandpa is suffering from old age he isn't responding or talking today. 
Grandma and me share so much in common she has a small head. Queen of dramatics and she has a caring and given heart. I'm here watching her be strong as if her husband isn't sick she is still able to laugh with me. 

I love him and to lose him while I'm here would be tragic. 
My prayers are that grandpa pulls through.  Oct.23.2013 7:05pm

Yours Truly 
Jasmine P. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.