Thursday, October 24, 2013

Dubai goodbye

Dear inspirations

During my short stay in Dubai I think I saw just enough. Here's my take on Dubai in 4 days. 

The mall of Emirate and Dubai Mall combined are 2places that I found with more than enough reasons why I don't have a credit card. We spent 16 hours in the both of them combined in two days. Now you might be wondering what did I buy? 

Well to answer that I can honestly say I bought only what my pockets would let me and everything else had to stay. 

The first day of shopping I found myself the happiest kid on the block, shopping is my thing! Then again who doesn't enjoy nice new things. 
Stores to stop in on your trip to Dubai 
Max
Splash 
H&M 
Forever 21 (this company is loaded) 
M&S 
New look 
Victoria Secret 
And of course all of your designer stores that you love
Gucci
Chanel 
Christian loubtin
Prada 
LV 
Many more! 

I was thoroughly impressed with the selection of stores Dubai had to offer! When I tell you shopping is real it is! I saw a taxi riding through the mall letting people off to shop. 
The Dubai Mall is one of if not the largest mall in the world over 1200 stores over 100 places to eat it was the definition of Mall Heaven in my book. 
I think I'm a pretty simple but complexed type of girl but when it was all said and done my feet were hurting and I was ready to Go! 
It was the shoes I was wearing and I knew better than to wear them to the mall. 
I know for a fact shopping is in my blood because my cousin is "about that life" expensive taste I might add. 

I think I was exhausted from the day before. Plus we had spent 4 hours at "The Gold Souk"
The Gold Souk is where every Arabic in Dubai sells gold. Real gold, fake gold, white gold. A wide variety of things are there as well such as fabric, linens, attire, souvenirs, shoes purses, hair, food. In fact I was tired of trying to be hustled the men would walk up to me saying.. "Gucci Chanel prada Lv handbags watches wallets, Brazillian Peruvian, hair" I was a little offended lol and at some point I said "do I look like I wear fake stuff" the guy replied no ones looks like it but everyone likes knockoffs. 
Can you believe he had the nerve? 
My cousin said its so illegal to sell that stuff and I you are caught jail time is where you will end up. I never seen Sex in the city but she referred me to that movie. 
Why were we at the Gold Souk in the first place? 
Buying a chain for my cousin Lamies Husband. After 2 days of negotiation and store browsing we found the perfect chain (we hope) for a nice amount of money. While we were there I realized how uneducated I am in gold shopping and how I never took a interest. It also confirmed that I have expensive taste and gave me a deeper appreciation for Diamonds. Yes, I saw the perfect ring. Well perfect in my mind. Tried it on and quickly envisioned me in the dress. Took it off and all of the music stopped. 

Apart from my shopping shifts I found myself missing London. 
The weather in Dubai was about 80degrees and I felt some type of way for all of the women I saw covered in black from head to toe. 

The religion calls for it but I just don't think I would be happy all covered up. 
The women wear all black and the men wear white. 
The women that weren't covered up were so beautiful there faces and eyebrows were absolutely gorgeous. 



 Burj khalifa was a beautiful sight to see. The tallest building in the world made me feel even shorter. 

Dubai is definitely a place I would love to visit again on a longer vacation! 

That's about it. 

Yours Truly 
Jasmine P. 

Negotiating Gold 

Cover up 
Burj khalifi 
The mall 


Follow the rules 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.