Saturday, September 28, 2013

Nepa


Dear inspirations 

 Topic at hand today? 
National electric power authority (Nepa) 
Now known as  Power holding company of Nigeria (Phnc)

The  lights go out about 4 times a day. When I say nepa take lights I really mean they turn off the power, The first few times it happen when I was here for the first time I really didn't know what to think. 

You know what no lights mean in Houston to me? 
You didn't pay your bill. 
The weather bad. 
Nah you just didn't pay your bill.
Food in the fridge is going to spoil and you pissed 
People calling the company to complain. 
Here. ...

If your at a wedding or a gathering people might say "up Nepa" but usually..

Nothing's really said because its the normal and if your lucky you put on the generator and keep it moving. 
Can you imagine being in the middle if your television show and it was just getting good? 
Imagine going grocery shopping and the government just decides to turn out the lights. 
Nepa is usually down for at least a hour or two. Sometimes more than that, it just depends on the day I guess. 
How could a whole city or country experience rolling blackouts. 
Now if your amoung the rich or the people that are well off you can afford to have the generator run all night. You could also have an automatic generator so you never experience the power outages. 

Powdered milk 
Butter doesn't need to be refrigerated. 
Eggs don't have to be in the fridge. 
Everything you need you can buy from right outside so It's not too bad. 
The street lights are even out the whole block is pitch black.
 
It doesn't bother me so much because I'm sort of use to it but this is everyday life for some.

Wonder why it hasn't been fixed? 

I did a little reading on it and I couldn't find a exact answer. 
Seems like a bunch of going around in circles with people who have money. 
In some areas it's worst than others. 
Maybe you can get to the bottom of it... 

When will the blackouts end? 

I will keep you posted on this situation as I get more answers. 

Write me I'm here. DearJasmineP@gmail.com 

Love, Jasmine 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.