Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Forever love

Dear Nigeria 

The last two months of my life that we spent together have been indescribable. You took me in when I felt  hopeless. Coming here for the second time I feel stronger than I've ever felt. 
The strength of the people here is something that I can't put into words.
Young, old, black brown small fat skinny rich or poor everyone is working. 
I've watched everyone with the babies on their backs and I couldn't help but want to feel a little of their pain. 

Nigeria you've gave me more than I could ever ask for. I've had some of the best days here. I was able to spend my grandfathers last month alive with him. Who knew? 

My grandmothers love has managed to be more than enough to make me smile any day. 


Why I love Nigeria?
People are rich in culture true to their heritage. 
It's clear that they are working and providing for their families. 
The kids appear happy and content because its all that they know.  
Everyone is walking with a purpose selling something, making something or heading to there next destination. Now that might sound like America but here it's a whole different ball game. 

Thank you for everything you've given me in the last two months. 

Forever Love 
Jasmine P. 



P.S. I'm back in Houston (; 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.