Saturday, December 29, 2012

No Mother To Me.


Here's a poem I wrote last year. I was really down and out about the situation.

It was actually published in The Panther newspaper




No Mother to Me


So much could be said but instead I'll say nothing.

It's so crazy that I never wanted anything from you.

 I never needed your money, never needed shelter from you or security.

I wanted something so simple from you that you made it complex.

It’s a lot question of mine that will cotinue to be unanswered.

The pieces from the puzzle just didn't quite make it out of the store.

And these shoes came with no strings.

Sad to say that I put this thing called life together with no manual from you.

You couldn't answer 3 questions correctly about me aside from the basics and I couldn't either.

Let’s not pretend because it’s the American way because in actuality I don't know you and  you don't know me.

We are almost strangers to each other

We are not in any form or shape similar.

All this time I've been trying to get close to you and do so many things to make you proud or to get some kind of gratitude. Some kind of encouragement but it never happened that way.

Money can’t buy a mother.

And no actress can play that role better than the mothers who have been all in since birth.

For the pain that I feel no medicine can be prescribed.

we have the same last name and we share the same blood that's it.

And for that I'll say you are no mother to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.