Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Truth.


Dear Inspirations

This week has been a great week; I've received amazing emails, and text messages from you all. I really hope that I have helped some of you out. I wanted to write to you to get some advice. We all have problems; we all need a little help so here I am asking you. I want you all to know a little bit about me. Often you share with me so now it’s my turn.

This is my truth so here goes.

Since the age of 3 my mother has been in and out of my life. I accepted that she was young and needed to live her life so I lived with my grandmother. At first I never could really understand what I did to deserve it.  She missed birthdays, holidays, and school engagements. Just recently she missed my college graduation. I had already prepared myself for it though. I can say that I've been blessed to have amazing people in my life but I have always had a small void in my heart because of my mother’s absence. I consider myself really lucky to have the people that are in my life. I know there are plenty of women and girls that have been through the exact same thing. All I ever wanted was for her to support me, support my dreams, and to be my #1 cheerleader.

Just recently I did a documentary with a friend about some of the baggage I carry around as a woman in this documentary I found out how broken I really am inside. To be honest until that moment I didn’t really feel like it was baggage. But in actuality I carry around anger, jealousy, hurt and confusion some days. Now you read this and think (NO not Jasmine) yes me. I smile because I'm greater than all of that. I smile because a piece of me has overcome. Only a piece though.

The details on why she wasn't there for me or everything that happened isn’t really important. Someday I hope to be able to actually look her in the face and say hey I forgive you for everything, I accept you for who you are, and everything else is in the past.

I haven’t reached that point and I’m not sure when I will. I ask God daily to help me with this constant struggle because I need to be a better person I need that void that I feel to disappear. I know I am stronger because of the hurt and because of the broken promises but someday I hope to stand in the mirror to say "I'm over it"

So here is where you come into play. How do I do it? Where should I start? How does one truly let go of the hurt to move forward? Praying is the only answer I have.

Email me your responses @DearJasmineP@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.