Monday, January 2, 2017

Not next, NOW

Dear Inspirations,

Happy New Year! I'm sure we are all secretly feeling like "New year New me". I wanted to write some long caption on FaceBook about how 2016 tried to take me out, but instead I will share it here.

2016 was a year of learning, growth, maturity, inspiration, fear, depression, and many other things. I can say that it truly tested my patience, my faith in God and my strength as a person. I mean let's face a lot happened in my life last year. I became a mom. I became a wife. I also finished school.

Someone asked me just the other day "how did you do it all"? I had to stop and think about that question. It was all GOD. There were days in 2016 that I didn't know if I was going to make it through. See the thing is there are a lot of things that I don't share. There are a handful of people in this world that know my story.

Not that I am a shamed of them it's just some things I choose to leave out. So when you say 2016 was a rough year for you I can relate. However, I made it through. When you look at my pictures on social media you wouldn't know that I was laid off from my job, you wouldn't know that I was fighting depression. You wouldn't know that I was stressed out trying to balance all of the things I had going on. You wouldn't know that I was learning how to be a mom and a wife all at the same time.

2016 tested my FAITH in God, but I know God is real because I'm still here.
I'm glad that year is behind me and I can walk into 2017 with my head up high.
I know that God took me through 2016 to show me that he is yet God.
I believe that he will give me everything I prayed for.
But wait.... a lot of the things I prayed for in 2013, 2014, 2015 he's already blessed me with.

I remember praying for God to send me a husband.
I remember praying for God to bless me with a new car.
I remember praying for God to bless me with a child.
I remember praying for God to help me move into my own apartment.
I asked God to help me complete my masters.

Those things have already come to past! So, again I know that God will give me favor.
2016 was a year of progress and success.
It might not have felt good, but we made it through.

2017, Will not be a new year, new me... It will be a new year, better me.
I'm walking through doors,
I'm going to believe that I deserve everything that I have already prayed for.

My blessings have already started pouring in.
One of my good friends reminded me that Now is my time. Not next, but NOW.

So inspirations, I challenge you to believe.
I challenge you to start right where you are and make a change in your life.

I believe you can.

I am going to write more. I have to.

Until next time,

DearJasmineP 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.