Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Grad Chapter: Honest moment


Dear Inspirations,

As of December 10th 2016, I am officially done with graduate school. (Inserts a fist pump) I am free from school!! I've graduated once again and this time it was different. I remember how amazing and stress free it was to graduate for the first time. There was so much adrenaline pumping and I looked at the world as a ocean. I was ready to take the world by storm.

Fast forward four years.... I'm married, I'm a mom and I guess you could say the world feels different.

Saturday felt amazing don't get me wrong. BUT the feeling was different. I felt a sense of pride, joy and true completion. I am the first one in my family mom and dad side to go to college. I was the first one to get my bachelors and currently the only one. I was also the first one to get my masters. I'm not saying this to brag. I'm saying this because I feel extremely grateful. Undergraduate I felt like I did it for my dad and my sisters. Graduate school was for me. I started the program single, but I ended it married and with a son.
So much growth as a woman.

Time flies and life does not wait for you to get ready!

Even though I graduated Saturday.... I am yet unemployed at this exact moment. (just typing that makes me cringe)
Despite being unemployed.. I know that greater is coming. I tell myself this daily and some days are harder to believe than others.
I will be the first to say that its very hard when it seems like nothing is looking up.

I'll be real honest and say that.. the weeks leading up to graduation I felt hopeless, discouraged, and really down and out. Everyone was asking "How do you feel are you excited?" I had to fake it.
I was having a hard time looking at graduation as an accomplishment, because of my current job situation.

I was trying really hard to shake it. I was having a inner battle.  I have those moments all the time. I try really hard not to let it effect my personal life, but it does.

I'm working on that as a person.

I know in months to come things might get tough, but I also believe that God will make a way.
He always does. Some how I'm always okay.

I believe in God.

I have some amazing people in my life that don't let me beat myself up.
I have real friends in my corner rooting for me.
I have a wonderful husband and a son who loves me dearly. Not for what I have, but for who I am.
Because of those things I must go on.

I closed yet another chapter of my life.
It's time for a new one.

Only God knows what's next for me. Whatever it is I AM READY.
I'm going to focus in and get ready for my blessings.

This blog is for me as a reminder of where I am in my life. It is also for you.
If you feel like giving up... DON'T
If you feel like you aren't standing in the right place... YOU ARE
If you feel like you should stand on faith and do something else ...DO IT
If you feel like you are struggling and no one knows how you feel... I DO
If you feel like things won't get better... THEY WILL

Until next time

DearJasmineP




No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.