Sunday, August 3, 2014

Safe haven?

Can I get a window seat because I don't want nobody next to me. 
I'm internally bleeding. 
Emotionally leaving. 
She's lost in her mind trying to find her way. 
There you were sitting by the window and I should have known that it was you. 
I'm forced by my mind to ignore but that just won't do. 
The flower in my hair and your deep stare. 
It's as if you knew who I was and I could smell your drug. 
I've been tucked away with no intentions of misbehaving but there you were becoming my safe haven. 
I close my eyes and I push everyone away and yet you still stand, 
You still command to be a man. 
I'm not that amazing and my life is always blazing. 
But yet you still try, you still hear my cry and when I ignore your calls. I still feel your warm connection. 
I still know you care. And if you think for one moment I don't care I do I just have a stupid way of showing it. 

But until the dust settles and the feathers are plucked I'll be here from a distance pretending to have it all figured. You know and I know that I'm suffocating in my own thoughts. I'm caught in my bubble and I'm sort of trouble but some day some how, 
I hope to find my self in your safe haven

No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.