Wednesday, August 27, 2014

At Peace


Dear inspirations 

When you lose someone close to you what do you do? 
Do you blame yourself for not being there? 
Do you think about all the times you could have checked on the person? 
Or do you even think far back to the first encounters you had with this person? 
Well one of my Heroes went to heaven last Thursday. 
Aunt Julie was a hero because she helped everyone. She didn't met strangers and she loved us all unconditional. 
I contribute half of my success to her. She is the reason I have the friends I have and the reason I went as far as I have. 
Today I swallow the fact that she is gone and she will NEVER return. Julie was sick but she was a fighter. She fought when she didn't have to she fought when she was tired. 
I know I'm all over the place with this one but I just needed to get it out. 
I'm upset with myself because I didn't talk to her as much as I should have the last year and a half. 
I didn't call get before she went to surgery. I knew she would come out. 
And to be honest I think I was upset with her for moving and not including me in her plans when I left to Nigeria. 
I'm not upset anymore and I regret not calling her before she went to surgery. 
She never made it out of her second heart surgery but apart of me is at peace.
 
At peace because she was who she was to me. At peace because she believed in me. At peace because I called her for every birthday. At peace because I prayed for her all the time. At peace because she made a lasting impact on me and the people around me. Most of all I'm at peace because I know she went to heaven. 

If you can read this now auntie I'll say "thank you for everything, and I love you for who you are to me and you will never die in my heart. 
On Saturday when we lay you to rest you will live on. 



Love Jasmine P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To motivate. To share. To inspire. To give hope.